Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Why I hate Fashion Blogs

Fashion isn’t about regurgitating celebrities and big brands. Of course I love the shit out of Chanel,I will not be painted a hypocrite by Internet-numbed ‘hipsters’ scrutinizing anything mainstream and they’re out for blood. Our culture is not created by constantly searching for the best, new thing. Glass-eyed teenagers drunk on social media all fighting for the bragging rights that come with experiencing anything first. Once something is approved it is absorbed and becomes reblogged into infinite position in popular culture; a place where self-conscious teenagers hide and wait to be told what is safe to love and promote without fear of peer scrutiny. We are all so scared to express what it is we truly find fucking cool. 
This is why our culture is dying. We are supposed to take in everything our media, pop culture, and society has to offer and reflect what responds to you. We all like different, obscure things but we all love the same stupid, cliche crap. And I don’t want to have to feel bad about that.They are all things that equal me. My blog, nay my life, is not an exercise in mainstream vs. alternative. It’s about me and the things I put out in the world, and the world and the things it puts out for me. Don’t judge people about their shit because if they love it, that is all the explanation needed. It’s like we actually like to make the things we have in common a negative. Do what you think is right. If you only do the things you love and make you happy, and allowed others to do the same. Problems solved. We all crave to be different when all we really need is the human understanding that basically we are all the same.
Be yourself. We’re not all black Louboutins and denim cutoffs are we?

No comments:

Post a Comment